What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is one of the most simple and affordable cosmetic dentistry procedures we offer. It involves applying composite resin to the surface of a tooth to change its shape or size or to cover minor flaws like stains, exposed roots, chips, or cracks.
Before we can begin your treatment, our cosmetic dentists will first choose a shade that closely resembles your tooth color. We will then roughen up the surface of your tooth and lightly coat it with a conditioning liquid to help the resin bond more easily. Then, we apply the putty-like material to your teeth and shape it to your desired results. Once we’ve achieved the ideal shape, we will use a curing light to harden the resin. Once it’s set, we will make any final changes to the shape, polish your tooth and you’re ready to go!
Types of Problems Cosmetic Bonding Can Address
Dental bonding is a versatile dental treatment. We can use it to improve your smile aesthetics and also to restore teeth. The most common types of problems we like to address with cosmetic bonding include the following.
- Hide Gapped Teeth – If you have gapped teeth, skip the orthodontic treatment and fill in the empty spaces with dental bonding instead.
- Lengthen Teeth – If you have worn teeth, or teeth that are too short or asymmetrical, dental bonding can lengthen the crowns.
- Reshape Teeth – If you have pointy or misshaped teeth, we can completely reshape your tooth with bonding.
- Hide Severe Stains – Not all stains respond to professional tooth whitening. For severe stains that don’t respond, bonding can cover them.
- Cover Cracks or Chips – Hide minor flaws like chips and cracks to restore your teeth back to health and complete beauty.
- Cover Receding Gums – When your gums recede, it can expose the tooth roots which can look unsightly and cause tooth sensitivity. We can use dental bonding to cover the exposed roots to prevent sensitivity and to improve your smile.
- Dental Fillings – The same material used for dental bonding is the same material we use for composite fillings. We can replace your metal fillings with composite material.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is the perfect cosmetic procedure for anyone interested in improving their smile. Unlike porcelain veneers which are a lifetime commitment, dental bonding is completely reversible. If you want to try it out to see what your smile could look like, we can always remove it down the line and give you a more permanent solution like porcelain veneers. It is also more affordable than comparable procedures like dental veneers or crowns.
Lastly, this natural-looking cosmetic procedure is long-lasting! Although there is no set time frame of the longevity of your bonding since all patients are different, it can last up to ten years for some patients. It really comes down to how well you care for your teeth.
Transform Your Smile with Dental Bonding in Miami Beach
Are you ready to hide the flaws on your smile that make you lack confidence? Drs. Escoto and Mantovani can help you achieve a smile you’ve always dreamed of having. Contact our Miami Beach dental office today to schedule a consultation by calling (305) 535-2225.